By F. W. Young Jr., T. O. Baldwin, A. E. Merlini, F. A. Sherrill (auth.), Gavin R. Mallett, Marie J. Fay, William M. Mueller (eds.)
The papers offered during this quantity of Advances in X-Ray research have been selected from these offered on the Fourteenth Annual convention at the functions of X-Ray research. This convention, subsidized via the Metallurgy department of the Denver learn Institute, collage of Denver, used to be hung on August 24,25, and 26, 1965, on the Albany resort in Denver, Colorado. Of the fifty six papers provided on the convention, forty six are incorporated during this quantity; additionally incorporated is an open dialogue hung on the results of chemical com bination on X-ray spectra. the topics provided signify a large scope of functions of X-rays to a number of fields and disciplines. those integrated such fields as electron-probe microanalysis, the impression of chemical blend on X-ray spectra, and the makes use of of sentimental and ultrasoft X-rays in emission research. additionally incorporated have been classes on X-ray diffraction and fluor escence research. there have been a number of papers on particular subject matters, together with X-ray topography and X-ray absorption fine-structure research. William L. Baun contributed significant attempt towards the convention via organizing the consultation at the influence of chemical blend on X-ray spectra fantastic constitution. a distinct consultation used to be verified during the first-class efforts of S. P. Ong at the makes use of and applica tions of sentimental X-rays in fluorescent research. we provide our honest due to those males, for those detailed classes contributed significantly to the good fortune of the conference.
Read Online or Download Advances in X-Ray Analysis: Volume 9 Proceedings of the Fourteenth Annual Conference on Applications of X-Ray Analysis Held August 25–27, 1965 PDF
Similar analysis books
Dem Verlag und meinem Kollegen, Herrn Prof. P. C. Kendall, danke ich herzlich fer den Vorschlag, eine neue Ausgabe der "Vektoranalysis" in deutscher Ubersetzung vorzubereiten. Bei dieser Gelegenheit wurden einige kleine Fehler und andere Unebenheiten im Originaltext geandert. Eine weitere Verbesserung ist das hinzugefugte Kapitel uber kartesische Tensoren.
This useful single-volume compilation of 2 texts deals either an creation and an in-depth survey. aimed toward engineering and technological know-how scholars instead of mathematicians, its much less rigorous therapy specializes in physics and engineering purposes, development upon the systematic improvement of ideas instead of emphasizing mathematical problem-solving ideas.
- Calculus without Limits
- Instructional Workshop on Analysis and Geometry, Canberra, Jan 23 to Feb 10, 1995, Part 1 Partial differential equations
- Séminaire Pierre Lelong Année 1969
- Analysis and Topology: A Volume Dedicated to the Memory of S. Stoilow
- Ordinary Differential Equations: Qualitative Theory (Graduate Studies in Mathematics)
- Spatial Proximity in Venture Capital Financing: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Germany (Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies)
Extra resources for Advances in X-Ray Analysis: Volume 9 Proceedings of the Fourteenth Annual Conference on Applications of X-Ray Analysis Held August 25–27, 1965
Y. Amano, Thesis, Osaka University, 1960. 13. Tohoru Imura, "Study of the Deformation of Single Crystals by Divergent X-Ray Beams," Bull. Naniwa University, Ser. 2A: 51-70, 1954. 14. Tohoru Imura, "A Study on the Deformation of Single Crystals by Divergent X-Ray Beams (Part III), Bull. Univ. Osaka Prefect. Ser. SA: 99-120, 1957. DISCUSSION H. Yakowitz (National Bureau of Standards): What was the distance from source to film? G. Shinoda: About 8 cm. H. Yakowitz: What was the thickness of the unstrained aluminum crystals?
4. A. R. Lang, "The Projection Topograph: A New Method in X-Ray Diffraction Microradiography," Acta Cryst. 12: 249-250, 1959. LATTICE DEFECT RESEARCH BY KOSSEL TECHNIQUE AND DEFORMATION ANALYSIS Masataka Umeno, Hideaki Kawabe, and Gunji Shinoda Osaka University Miyakojima, Osaka, Japan ABSTRACT An electron probe microanalyzer (EPMA) was applied for the deformation analysis of aluminum single crystals. The lattice distortions caused by tensile stresses were observed by Kossel patterns, which are sensitive in their change of shape to lattice distortion.
L. G. Bailey is to be thanked for reading the manuscript. Valuable discussions on diffusion were supplied by Dr. H. A. Strack. J. K. Howard and R. H. Cox 49 DISCUSSION P. Lublin (General Telephone and Electronics): You mentioned a study of line profiles to detect these compositional variations. How was this done? J. K. Heward: The sample (film/substrate) was mounted on a goniometer head at the end of a shaft; the shaft was inserted into a standard Norelco diffractometer. Characteristic copper radiation was employed and the diffracted radiation was rendered monochromatic with a focusing monochromator.