By Erik Dahlman
This booklet makes a speciality of LTE with complete updates together with LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to supply a whole photograph of the LTE system. certain factors are given for the most recent LTE criteria for radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry approaches, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF features, and method performance.
Key applied sciences awarded comprise multi-carrier transmission, complex single-carrier transmission, complex receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna suggestions, radio source administration and protocols, and diverse radio community architectures. Their function and use within the context of cellular broadband entry generally is defined, giving either a high-level evaluation and extra designated step by step explanations.
This e-book is a must have source for engineers and different execs within the telecommunications undefined, operating with mobile or instant broadband applied sciences, giving an realizing of the way to make use of the recent know-how that allows you to remain sooner than the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and better multi-antenna transmission together with new reference-signal buildings and suggestions mechanisms
- Detailed description of the aid for heterogeneous deployments supplied by way of the most recent 3GPP release
- Detailed description of recent more desirable downlink control-channel constitution (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations together with operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a collection of well-integrated radio-access applied sciences, together with help for greater frequency bands and versatile spectrum administration, significant antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers a whole replace to the newest 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, protecting small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, together with Inter-site coordination
- Overview of present prestige of LTE unencumber 12 together with additional improvements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication
Read or Download 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband, Second Edition PDF
Similar radio operation books
This book makes a speciality of parts reminiscent of filters, transformers, amplifiers, mixers, and oscillators. Even the part lock loop bankruptcy (the final within the booklet) is orientated towards sensible circuit layout, not like the more structures orientation of so much conversation texts.
This ebook is worried with the ionosphere and the magnetosphere, and the speculation in their influence on radio waves. It comprises bills of a few mathematical subject matters now frequent during this examine, relatively W. ok. B. approximations, ethereal crucial features and integration through steepest descents. the topic is split into ray concept and entire wave idea.
The 3G IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS): Merging the net and the mobile Worlds, moment variation is an up to date model of the best-selling consultant to this intriguing expertise that might merge the net with the mobile global, making sure the provision of net applied sciences equivalent to the internet, e mail, rapid messaging, presence and videoconferencing approximately in every single place.
LTE-Advanced is the recent international commonplace that's anticipated to create a origin for the long run instant broadband companies. the normal contains all of the most up-to-date applied sciences lately constructed within the box of instant communications. awarded in a modular kind, the ebook presents an introductory description for newcomers in addition to useful directions for telecom experts.
- Principles of Cognitive Radio
- Neuro-Fuzzy Equalizers for Mobile Cellular Channels
- Towards 5G: Applications, Requirements and Candidate Technologies
Additional resources for 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband, Second Edition
1) in theory has an infinite bandwidth and thus the sampling theorem can never be fulfilled completely. 3 From now on the index m on the modulation symbols, indicating the OFDM symbol number, will be ignored unless especially needed. 34 CHAPTER 3 OFDM Transmission a0 a1 a0 , a1, . . 6 OFDM modulation by means of IFFT processing r0 r1 aˆ 0 aˆ1 aˆ 0 , aˆ1 ,... 7 OFDM demodulation by means of FFT processing It is important to understand that IDFT/IFFT-based implementation of an OFDM modulator, and even more so the exact IDFT/IFFT size, are just transmitter-implementation choices and not something that would be mandated by any radio-access specification.
34 CHAPTER 3 OFDM Transmission a0 a1 a0 , a1, . . 6 OFDM modulation by means of IFFT processing r0 r1 aˆ 0 aˆ1 aˆ 0 , aˆ1 ,... 7 OFDM demodulation by means of FFT processing It is important to understand that IDFT/IFFT-based implementation of an OFDM modulator, and even more so the exact IDFT/IFFT size, are just transmitter-implementation choices and not something that would be mandated by any radio-access specification. 3. Also, nothing prevents the use of a larger IFFT size, for example a size-2048 IFFT, even in the case of a smaller number of OFDM subcarriers.
In the case when OFDMA is used as an uplink multiple-access schemedthat is, in the case of frequency multiplexing of OFDM signals from multiple terminalsdit is critical that the transmissions from the different terminals arrive approximately time aligned at the base station. More specifically, the transmissions from the different terminals should arrive at the base station with a timing misalignment less than the length of the cyclic prefix to preserve orthogonality between subcarriers received from different terminals and thus avoid inter-user interference.